Friday, November 7, 2008

Frustrated...

Who pulls an ab muscle? What the hell can you do about a pulled ab muscle?
Whoever comes up with a way to make this thing heal quickly will be treated to mass quantities of liquid refreshment. (Most likely water - it's all I have on hand.)

Anyway, had a lousy morning. Dh and I weren't getting along, more stupid house shit. Kids were fighting. One had a crying jag because I dared insist that she wear a coat - it was snowing! I was angry and hopped up when we got into the car, I backed into the recycling bin, and spread recyclables across the street. I said a few unsavory words at that action. (Junie B anyone?) Called dh and told him that I would quit next time I had a morning like this. Of course, the response I wanted to hear was "I'm sorry you had a lousy morning." That's not quite how the convo went.

SO, I headed into my boot camp fitness class; hoping to run, lift, twist, bend, and sweat out some emotion. Last week, with an errant sneeze, I pulled an ab muscle. A little bit of caution and rest, and I thought it was healed. Slung sheetrock through the weekend, mowed lawn, moved boxes - all normal activities, so I thought I was all good. Even Wednesday's class had gone without a twinge. BUT today, when I really needed to pound myself into a puddle, the damn thing went crazy - I swear I felt it pop on my first box jump, but the pain didn't hit until the tenth one. It was all downhill after that. I couldn't manage any of the ab stations. I wound up crying on the gym floor from frustration. (Not that I didn't manage a good sweaty workout, just not the one I really wanted.) So much for Superwoman.

Oh well, I'm scheduled to give blood in the morning - I may not be able to leap tall buildings, but I can help save a couple of lives, right?

And I'm still frustrated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

one word, well, OK, more than word, but take your pick...
Aveda, massage, bubbles, candles

notice nowhere on my list was sheetrock.

November 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds painful....at least you know you'll be in good enough shape once it heals to kick someone's butt the next time they don't give an appropriate response :o)

Hang in thre, they'll be in college soon as we'll have peace and quiet.

November 9, 2008 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger copmom said...

Thanks!
We need a girls' weekend - soon!!!!

November 9, 2008 at 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tagged you lady....do it, don't do it....up to you.

http://thememepage.blogspot.com/

November 10, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home