Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I think I'm going insane (a.k.a. Where's my Piece of Quiet?)

It seems the more I try and focus, the more scattered I get. I will say it again - MOVING SUCKS. What seemed like a very good idea some time in the beginning of the year, has become the on-going "too many tasks to complete, too little time to succeed" ultimate stress recipe. Now, we like our new neighborhood (what little we've taken the time to see and learn), we like the girls' new school (even after conferences today), the commute to and from work has gotten easier (4 miles from the county line and I get home at night before I fall asleep), but all the "making the house ours" projects that must be done before we completely unpack are making me crazy.
Today I spent the day painting the third garage stall. I still haven't had a chance to get groceries for Thanksgiving, but I managed to put the second coat of paint on the walls and ceiling. Thank God for friends with portable heaters. It was about 30 degrees outside, but I had 65-70 degrees inside and loud music to make the task a bit easier. Hope none of our new neighbors were wandering around outside.
Even with that painting project completed, my "to do" list is still as long as my arm.
Hubby wants me to send out Christmas cards yesterday - I may have mentioned that before - but our Christmas card list is stuck in our desktop computer, which is still not completely unpacked and definately not useable. Yippee.
The kids are out of school this week. We haven't managed to do anything exciting, but they don't seem too concerned. They set up the teepee in the living room today and kept themselves entertained while I painted. No blood, nothing broken, it's all good. Hopefully we'll find something fun to do this week. Not sure yet what that will look like - I've got boot camp, siding and window contractors, and work to keep us occupied all week.
A bit scattered tonight - a cookie for you if you actually made it through this drivel. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady, we need another slurpee run.

Uh, nominated you again. Just continue to ignore it. Loves ya!

http://thememepage.blogspot.com/

December 1, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

slurpees? I'm in!!!

December 2, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home