Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's been a while

Well, it appears that I will never been a very proficient blogger, like my good friend Holly. I'll never been the person with whom people check in daily for my pithy insight into life and kids. Darn.

Today was a good day. This "stay at home vacation" we've been taking really isn't too bad. Some sort of fun thing each day and our own beds at night. Not too bad at all.

Anyway, back to today. I got up early, started laundry, and mowed the wilderness around our home. The dog was refusing to do her business in the backyard, for fear of whatever might have been lurking in the underbrush. I was a bit afraid that we'd send her out and she'd never come back. Now, there have been days where that was more a wish than a fear, but she's becoming a pretty pleasant companion, so I think I'd miss her.

Then we went on a family adventure. We went to Taylor's Falls and rented a canoe for the afternoon. We travelled from Interstate Park down to the Osceola landing. We had a few issues with steering and paddling in the beginning. We got it figured out eventually and had a pretty nice trip. I have a few pictures (maybe tomorrow I'll figure out how to post them!) It was a gorgeous day - sunny, breezy, mild temp (70's), with little to no humidity. We saw freshwater mussels, tiny fish, and turtles - we were all impressed with the 8 turtles on one small log in the middle of the trip. We found out that minnows like to eat raisins and mini chocolate chip cookies. :) We made it to the landing just in time for the 3:00 shuttle. (MAJOR overuse of the "we" pronoun - sorry!)

Dinner was a pleasant surprise. I signed up for a sneak peek at SmashBurger in Roseville (it opens officially tomorrow). Our whole dinner was free. Wow! The food was good - SmashFries are excellent - tossed with rosemary, olive oil, garlic, and herbs. Yum! Not even close to my attempts at paleo eating (but the 90 day challenge starting next month should make up for it.)

Now, the girls are in bed, John's killing things in majorly gory ways (Gears of War 2), and I'm actually blogging. We should vacation more often!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

DUDE - you updated! I love it when you write.

And you guys in a canoe...cannot WAIT to see pics.

September 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home