Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Face fight

I got into a face fight with a friend's dog the other day. I'm calling it a face fight because it sounds so much smoother than "bent down to pet the dog who then launched himself upwards like a rabbit on steriods smooshing my face."

Now this is no little yippy dog, no chihuahua, no peekapoo, nothing small enough to put in ones pocket. This is an american bulldog, a breed of dog who's head is just slightly softer than those enshrined on Mount Rushmore. He effectively made mincemeat of my lower lip against my teeth. It was lovely. Blood and ice make for a memorable ending to a day of Christmas cookie baking.

It gets better though. Later that night I noticed that my chin was bruised. It's about the size of a penny. Now I know that doesn't sound like much, after all the penny is the smallest unit of currency that we currently have. But here's an experiment for you: take a penny and tape it to your face - in the area between the point of your chin and your lower lip, slightly right of center. Looks great, doesn't it? It could be a new trend. And the color - wonderful! It was red the first night and dark purple yesterday. I'm hoping for green today, yellow tomorrow, and gone by Friday. Think I could be that lucky?

I'm hoping that if I have to deal with the uneducated public tonight at work, I can say "face fight" fast enough to sound like "fist fight" and not have to explain myself. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

hmm, making new friends already, I see! so how is the new 'hood?

LV is coming up soon!

December 10, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger copmom said...

Old friend - one of my first friends from work. :)
Too bad you don't live closer, we could bake together!!
The new 'hood is okay. Still trying to feel moved in and a part of things.
I am totally not ready for LV!

December 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

2 days until Vegas, baby!!!!!!!

December 14, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home