Saturday, December 26, 2009

Been awfully quiet around here - for months even!

Again, still alive, still plugging along, still searching for the meaning of life. (Well, probably not that last one.)
We are spending Christmas with friends in Canada. Surprisingly, the weather is better in Calgary than at home in Minnesota. I hear that we are getting lots of the lovely white stuff. I'm sure we'll be shovelling like mad when we finally get back. (Our housesitter isn't know for her proficiency with a shovel.)
Christmas has been mellow. The kids have friends to play with, the husbands have video games, and my friend and I have duelling laptop keyboards (at least tonight.)
Most of my gifts are still at home under the tree. Dear husband bought me a bunch of lovely things that wouldn't make it through customs. A GPS with topographical maps of the US lead to federal forms to fill out insuring that we would not export said tool. Can't let the Canadians know about the geographical features of the States!! My new knives are also resting quietly at home. I wanted at least one opportunity to carry them before someone tried to take them away.
As usual, I received a lot more from DH than I was able to give him. I'm still waiting for a Christmas list. He took the opportunity to shop for himself on Black Friday and intermittantly between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Leaves me without any ideas of good gifts, as he has taken the "it's on sale, I want it, I will buy it" to a new height this year. :) Well, he'll get gifts whenever he comes up with something he can wait long enough for me to purchase rather than buy for himself.

I don't go back to work until Jan 6th. Woo hoo! I miss my coworkers, but can't say that I am actively missing the job.

New years resolution time is fast approaching - once again, I'll attempt to make blogging a priority - we'll see how successful I manage to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home